Monday, May 9, 2011

Dying Churches = Revival of Faith

I am very grateful to be involved in a young church that is growing, seeing people commit their lives to Christ and responding to the Gospel.  I am also glad to be part of a fellowship of churches that is growing and planting new churches throughout the world.
I realize that we are in the minority position. Around the country and within our own community, churches are struggling with declining attendance, disinterest, and lack of fruitfulness.

This interesting thing is this - this might actually be good news for Christianity and revival.  I have attached a link from a discussion by Tim Keller (theological "rock star") where he argues that much of what is dying  away is actually the "Mushy Middle" - clarifying the lines between the churches that preach the Gospel and the world that rejects it.

I am reminded of Revelation 3:15-16:


I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were either cold or hot! So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth.


Take a look.

http://theresurgence.com/2011/05/05/the-death-of-the-mushy-middle

No comments:

Post a Comment