Tuesday, June 21, 2011

John Piper - Why he is so loved

John Piper, maybe more than any other pastor today, has made a huge impact on a generation of younger pastors. Sometimes when I read his books, it seems like it takes him ten pages to say what could be said in two sentences. Sometimes when I listen to his sermons, I find myself wishing I was listening to a more
entertaining communicator. And then I see a small clip like the one below and I remember. I remember that I have heard him speak just once in person and I can remember the whole sermon. And I remember that everytime I hear  him speak, I get excited about the things of God. Have a listen.

http://thegospelcoalition.org/resources/video/What-Is-The-Gospel---John-Piper

1 comment:

  1. I've never come away disappointed after listening to Piper. I am always drawn to the Lord and get excited about the things of God when listening to him! Thanks for pointing me to TGC, btw...

    ReplyDelete