Friday, September 23, 2011

How a Pastor Celebrates.

Several people have commented this week that I should be on cloud nine. This past Sunday was an exciting week at our church, with dozens being baptized and several making new commitments to follow Jesus. As the week comes to a close, I was looking back and reflecting on the week - you might be surprised how a pastor celebrates.



  1. Reads FaceBook. Sunday night at youth group someone mentioned that I should check out FaceBook - there was a buzz about what happened in the morning service. Reading the various posts and responses was refreshing. I'm not a big FaceBook fan/follower, but to see this forum used to share enthusiasm for what God was doing was really cool.
  2. Prays. I am fully aware that spiritual warfare is real. Whenever someone makes a step forward to follow Christ - you know that they will find themselves under attack. I have prayed through the list of people who were baptized daily, know that the commitments they have made will be challenged.
  3. Gets Excited. Excited for the young pastors, one of which said: "I have never seen people so excited to come to church." Excited for young adults, whose one small group has grown from 14 to 37. Excited to see the miracle of restored marriages. Excited to see children follow their parents commitment to Christ. 
  4. Gets Nervous. 
  • For next Sunday's service - we have to do it all over again. I was at my desk Monday morning, working on the next sermon.
  • For discipleship.  I meet with the other pastor's, making sure that we are following up with people - that discipleship is in place.
  • For Purity. After seeing God move so powerfully, I find myself examining my life to make sure there is nothing unconfessed that could hinder what God is doing.
I really enjoy being a pastor.

1 comment: